My Complicated Relationship With Colors

 From our very own Indian rangoli to the world's most beautiful flowers in Netherlands every part of our universe is beautifully painted in colors.

From the clothes we were to our best childhood amusement Rainbow colors have indeed played with our lives .Being one among 12 men or being one amongst the 200 women is nowhere making us feel special but brings us to our reality in having a love - hate relationship with colors.

The best part of God's creation -"Colours" are often weaponized against us as bullies.   I'm Ahaan, a dichromat by birth narrating u my story  -  My complicated relationship with colors.

From being a child to becoming an adult my relationship with colors has always been twisted .Let me take you through  my life - from learning colors in the nursery to the toys we play everything is in red and green but everything seemed to be either in black or gray to my eyes. Being  a teenager I had a Rubik's Cube out of fashion in my hand. But my heart threatened me  not  to solve it as it could reveal the hidden  identity about my vision. For years I hid it from my parents too. One day  I made up  my mind to make an unstoppable career but what would I do these colors are troubling me everywhere I go. I heard from a  couple of friends that for a doctor all you need is just long hours of a studying and hardship, but wait What about the bruises i cannot identify them the ulcers, the wounds I can't even differentiate a healing wound  from a septic one. Then I searched for other career options -how about becoming an electrical engineer But how would I make out the difference between the positive and negative terminals they're made out of colored wires. Let me think how about becoming an electrical engineer can i identify the colors of the signal lights ? I gave a thought to every possible career option. What if the girl I love  wears a red dress and I could never compliment her Nor Pick her favorite colored rose. So  I stopped thinking about all these problems and started working on them. I started knowing the struggles of other people like me I started studying about the variants in color blindness ,various applications that could help me and people like me and make our lives easier. Complicated relationship with colors is not just my sole story but it's a struggle of many colorblind people .We are no where different from a new born child Who cannot recognize colors until he grows to a  half month old infant .Just a positive notion to empower ourselves .They may not  be a solution to every problem but definitely Another path exists to overcome it .     

                                                                                         








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Left To Say 😔

BABY STEPS

The Becoming